Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 1: a new start

DAY 1: March 11th 2013 - Monday

Today I woke up at 8:30 (yesterday was the first day of "spring forward" daylight savings). The first thing I did was take a few "before" pictures. Then proceeded to get my daughter some breakfast. 

I wanted to try a concept I had just read about called Oil Pulling. Link can be found HERE. My teeth have been hurting lately due to my wisdom teeth growing in, my gums have been inflamed. On top of that I have a canker sore on my bottom gums. After I read this webpage, I knew I wanted to try it. Not only for the benefit of my gums, but for all the other great things Oil Pulling does. The website said to use vegetable oil, I chose to use Coconut oil. 

Oil Pilling- I lasted 10 minutes. After words my teeth felt cleaner than they normally would if I just brushed my teeth. My canker sore isn't such a bother as it was when I woke up. 

After my morning Oil Pilling I brushed my teeth then headed over to the kitchen for my morning cup of coffee and breakfast. I have a really bad habit of drinking coffee every morning, but I really enjoy it so Im not ready to give it up yet. 

Coffee- To make my coffee just a tad bit healthier I add fresh ground cinnamon while brewing my organic fresh ground coffee beans. It gives it just small bang I need in my morning brew while also help maintaining my blood sugar for the day. (note: I do NOT have diabetes) 

My husband is always telling me how important breakfast is. It should be your BIG meal of the day, and is the most important meal. I am trying my best to have a good breakfast every morning despite that fact I am hardly hungry in the AM. Having a good breakfast is certainly better than eating a sugary cereal. 

Breakfast- Oatmeal with Chia seeds, cinnamon and apple granola. It was a bit plain, next time I plain to add a bit more granola and cinnamon. 

I have been taking my vitamins everyday for just over 1 week now. I can already feel the energy I have gained, it gives me the kick start I need every morning to carry on with my daily tasks. I have been sick since last Wednesday and even though I was very sick with a nasty cold, I still had a ton of energy that I only have my Vitamins to thank for. While my husband laid sick on the couch like a little zombie attached to his video game sneezing and coughing. I was Busy cleaning the kitchen as I sneezed and coughed. 

My daily vitamins-
I take:
-(2) Omega 3-6-9: Cardiovascular health
-(1) Multi Complete:  23 Key vitamins
-(1) Niacin: Turns fat in to energy. As well as many other benefits listed in the link. 


During the middle of the day, I take a VitaMelt when I need that boost of Energy to help me finish my daily tasks of being a stay at home wife and mother.


 And of course my daughter Cambria ( she will be three June 6th 2013) has to take her daily vitamins! She takes one Flintstones and one chewable vitamin C. While her mommy and daddy where sick with a cold for almost a week, she was sick for a total of one day. Still having the energy to play all day. She had a slight runny nose and water eyes as well as the occasional cough. But beat it within 24 hrs, I have to give the credit to her daily intake of vitamins. She never lets me forget to give them to her!
My goal for today- I would like to not only clean up my house, it sure has been let go a bit since we have been sick. But I would like to do some sort of work out or stretches that my daughter can do with me as well. I also plan on making a food log so I can eat better and truly understand where my bad habits lye. 


I cringe as I look at these. Here are today's pictures. I'm thinking I will do pictures every two weeks to see if I am making progress and to help motivate me. 

5"8  and 157 pounds
size 10-11 pants
bra size 36 C
shirt size medium/large

 


No comments:

Post a Comment